This articles discusses general tips and tricks that might be universally useful when you are using Snapshot.
- Snapshot is an admin focused product and hence you will have the best experience when you have a System Administrator profile (or something close to it). Snapshot uses Salesforce's Metadata API and hence inherits this requirement from that API.
- You will have generally have a better experience if you specify the security token along with your password. This forces Snapshot to send your security token along with your password and that enables you to override any Network Access restrictions that you might have placed on the Org. However, if you have an IP restriction on the Profile, that will take precedence over the security token.
- The easiest way to switch into Power User mode is through the License Manager (see top right radio button). This setting is persisted once enabled.
- In the Preferences tab, set the Select your credentials storage options to Persistent. This directs Snapshot to store your credentials in an encrypted format locally (on your machine) as opposed to forcing you to login to every Org that you need to use manually. The credentials never come over to Metazoa servers but are available to you on-demand.
- If you are using Snapshot on a centralized setup (a virtual machine or Amazon Webservices or Azure setup etc), turn off the sound effects (Select when to play sound effects > Don't Ever Play Any Sound Effects). This is helpful in avoiding a DirectX error that you might get otherwise.
- Use the Branding tab to create beautiful branded reports with your company's logo and copyright information in the generated reports.