This article discusses how Snapshot tracks deployments, information that is logged and some ideas about how that information can be used.
Turn on deployment history - Snapshot Preferences
When you are starting with Snapshot, it is highly recommend to go through your preferences to ensure that they are setup to suit your needs. By default, every single deployment is going to be logged. These logs are data records in the Snapshot Deployments object in the licensing Org - the Org that you logged into when you launched Snapshot.
If you prefer to log deployments only when they make changes to the Org or you do not want any deployments, please change these options appropriately (see Select when to create deployment history reports).
Information tracked in Snapshot Deployments
Here are the items tracked as part of your deployment:
- Deployment Name - Created by the system based on the type of deployment, success/ failure and source username.
- Created Username - Licensing Username
- Created Full Name - Licensing User's Full Name
- Created Arrow - Deployment connection that yielded this log.
- Push Type - Type of Deployment. 1 of 3 values possible: Rollback All Changes If There Is An Error, Check For Errors Without Making Changes, Change Everything Possible and Ignore Errors.
- Push Action - Type of Action. 1 of 3 values possible: Continuous Integration, Deploy Metadata, Quick Deployment.
- Searchable Tags - Tags which were entered during deployment.
- Detailed Comments - Comments entered during deployment. This is not a searchable field. Data in this field can be gzipped, base64 encoded in case it exceeds 130K characters. In that case, the data will be human readable inside Snapshot.
- Ignore Warnings - Checkbox to indicate whether warnings are to be ignored or not.
- Apex Tests - Checkbox to indicate whether Apex Tests were run or not.
- Apply Transforms - Checkbox to indicate whether transforms were applied to not.
- Remove References - Checkbox to indicate whether references were asked to be removed or not.
- Empty Recycle - Checkbox to indicate whether the Organization Recycle Bin for metadata is set to be emptied or not.
- Deploy Managed -
- Successful Push - Checkbox to indicate whether the deployment was successful or not.
- Made Changes - Checkbox to indicate whether the deployment made changes or not. This is more useful in conjunction with Successful Push flag.
- Push Results - Deployment results. This field is not searchable and can be gzipped, base64 encoded in case the data exceeds 130K characters. In that case, the data will be human readable inside Snapshot.
Source and Destination
- Source Username - Username that created the source snapshot.
- Source Fullname - Full Name of User that created the source snapshot.
- Source Folder - Folder name, if any, where the snapshot is stored.
- Source Item - Name of the source snapshot item.
- Source Date - Source snapshot created date.
- Destination Username - Username that created the destination snapshot.
- Destination Fullname - Full Name of User that created the destination snapshot.
- Destination Folder - Folder name, if any, where the snapshot is stored.
- Destination Item - Name of the destination snapshot item.
- Destination Date - Destination snapshot created date.
Create and Delete
- Job Create - Create Assets job list. This list can be gzipped, base64 encoded if the data exceeds 130K characters.
- Job Delete - Delete Assets job list. This list can be gzipped, base64 encoded if the data exceeds 130K characters.
- Job Name - Job name, if any, to help identify the push job.
- Job Transforms - Transforms defined, if any.
- Job Limits - Limits that were defined to create the source snapshot.
- Job Status - Status of the Job.
- Job Tests - Apex Tests selected to be executed as part of the Job.
- Job History - History of where the job was created and the Orgs that this Job propagated through.