The Install Packages interface lets you deploy Second Generation Packages from your DevHub into the destination Salesforce Org. This interface is available by right clicking a deployment arrow on the desktop and also from the Options Menu.
This documentation is a step-by-step guide on how to create and install an unlocked package using the Metazoa Snapshot.
- A Salesforce deployment pipeline.
- A developer project in Salesforce dx-format.
- A remote repository.
Updating the Project
- Open your Snapshot application and locate your Salesforce deployment pipeline.
- Right-click on the developer project and select the "Snapshot" option to update your project and ensure it's up-to-date.
Connecting the Project
- Use a deployment arrow to connect your project to any Salesforce organization (org).
- Right-click the deployment arrow and select the option to "Create and Install Packages".
Creating the Package
- Click on "Create a Package".
- Select a Dev Hub from the available interfaces. These interfaces contain all the packages you've been using in your test environment.
- You have two options when creating a package:
- Create a new package.
- Create a new version of an existing package.
- Name your package (for instance, "test 8").
- Select your Dev Hub (e.g., "Test Hub").
- Go to the next tab and click "Create the Package".
- Note: The package creation process can take a few minutes. To speed up the process, check the "Continue Immediately" option, which will start creating the package immediately. Alternatively, you can schedule the creation for a future date.
Installing the Package
Once the package is created, you can choose to install it into any destination org.
To install, select your destination org and the package to install.
Click on the "Install Packages" button.
Note: If the package is not fully available yet, you may encounter an error. In this case, wait for a few minutes and try clicking the "Install Packages" button again.
Once the package is installed in the destination, you can manage the package from the org.
- Remember: If the installation and creation times are taking too long, you can always schedule these events.
That's it! You have now created and installed an unlocked package using Metazoa Snapshot.